As a firm in business since 2004, Dellbrook |JKS has a long history of recognizing our employees as our most vital asset. With two offices and more than 160 employees, out dedication to servicing the needs of our clients has been the linchpin for our unprecedented success for over 30 years. Our sustained growth and solid reputation makes us a reliable employer with opportunities for employees to excel and grow into leadership roles. Our culture encouraged personal growth by investing in resources that allow employees to learn and develop skills that they are passionate about. Visible growth opportunities within Dellbrook | JKS give our employees and potential career seekers purpose to create tangible long term goals. With one of our core values being Family Values, this allows us to work with our employees to achieve a life work balance. We value our employee’s time outside of the office walls as much as we do inside them. Our employees enjoy the positive, team building and family oriented culture.
The Superintendent position can be very diverse. Depending on the project size and challenges the Superintendent may be responsible for various scopes of work. These scopes of work range from foundation, structure and facade thru MEP to interior rough and finish. The Superintendent’s role is one of leader, coach, negotiator, facilitator, and arbitrator. The leadership displayed by this individual is critical to the Project’s performance.
- Responsible for understanding and implementing the Field S.O.P. guidelines and programs in daily activities
- Oversee, manage and document all day-to-day job site activities
- Manage field personnel according to the project plan.
- Communicate issues, events, performance and progress daily to the Project Manager.
- Report any problems promptly to the Project Manager to facilitate the most cost-effective solutions.
- Establish effective working relationships with clients internally & externally.
- Request advice and assistance from the Director of Field Operations, PX, and/or Project Manager on matters pertaining to materials, sequencing, scheduling and personnel.
Project Start-Up/Turnover Meeting
- Identify pre-mobilization activities in conjunction with the Director of Field Operations, PX, and the Project Manager.
- Develop start-up schedule with Project Manager and send it to the Director of Field Operations and/or Project Manager for review.
- Formulate and implement construction schedules Establish and implement the Project Baseline Schedule with PM based on the project contracts and subcontractor input, taking into account all contract requirements
- Maintain the schedule and ensure that work performed is consistent with the contract and will meet or exceed client expectations.
- Update Project Schedule monthly with PM.
- the three-week look ahead schedule weekly
- Schedule all Subcontractor safety pre-construction meetings prior to them starting work on the project.
- Confirm all subcontractors have a full set of MSDS sheets, site specific safety plan and current insurance certificate prior to allowing any sub to perform any work on site.
- Review the project daily to ensure that all activities are being performed in accordance with all OSHA regulations and the project site specific safety plan and contract documents.
- Ensure that all pertinent Benchmarks for the project are established and inserted the baseline schedule.
- Ensure that the inspections are approved, documented and communicated to the project team.
- Become familiar with Quality Management Project and assist Team with implementation.
Sub-Contractor and Site Management throughout the Project
- Manage site pre-construction including pre-construction survey, job site utilization and staging plans.
- Mobilize the field office and maintains the job site to Company standards.
- Organize all project documentation of the job site for easy access and review according to company standards.
- Manage subcontractor performance to a high level of quality and with an ethical approach.
- Work with Superintendent to identify and resolve manpower issues and construction changes/issues.
- Attend project turnover, mobilization and project coordination meetings.
- Attend/ chair safety pre-construction meetings.
- Attend/chair weekly foreman and safety meetings.
- Attend/chair monthly schedule review meetings.
- Attend/chair closeout meetings.
- Attend owner meetings.
- Attend/chair subcontractor meetings and any others necessary to monitor and manage the project.
- Complete and implement construction office checklists including emergency phone lists.
- Complete daily reports and maintains logs of key activities, files and shop drawings.
- Manage the quality and condition of all material deliveries.
- Maintain required safety reporting and all other required files to Company standards.
- Ensure that as-built working drawings are maintained as well as the current drawing log and revision log, communicating this to the subcontractors.
- Manage subcontractor closeout, transfer of utilities, owner training, and punch list.
- Possess core values: Honesty, integrity, and family values
- You are the LEADER and the #1 representative for the company in the field.
- Very important to maintain a high level of professionalism at all times.
- Excellent team development skills and leadership abilities.
- Strong ability to partner with the Project Manager and his staff.
- Committed to excellence.
- Self-motivated and self-confident.
- Must possess effective communication skills.
- Capable of dealing with ambiguity and tight work oversight.
- Able to constantly multi-task and handle competing priorities between Dellbrook business needs and organizational issues while maintaining excellent customer relations.
- Must possess business judgment to negotiate the critical balance between budget and construction processes.
- Excellent organizational skills to manage the many details necessary for successful construction.
- Must have judgment to know when to appropriately escalate issues up the chain of command.
- Excellent management skills to effectively manage subcontractor performance to high quality.
- A strong sense of urgency and initiative, and the ability to quickly study and react to complex issues, and resolve conflict effectively in a firm but fair manner.
- Know the clients goal and needs and meet or exceed those at all times.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to take action confidently and decisively.